5.03.2006

International Studies? At OU?

The President of OU, David Boren has been working hard to strengthen the quality of the International Studies program at OU, as well as creating strong international connections for all students. I just found out that President Boren, and his wife will be joining our group in Rome. There are less that 25 people in our group, so this is a wonderful opportunity for me to meet and talk with him. In a school of 26,000 students, we don't really get the change to hang out with David Boren. In addition, and for me probaby more exciting than meeting President Boren, the U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See in the Vatican City is going to hang out with us on our first evening in Rome. Not to mention that I already knew we are going to be lead around by Kirk Duclaux, who is also connected to the State department and regularly guides dignitaries, the President, ambassadors, etc, throughout Italy.

Studying abroad through OU is going to give me experiences that are irreplacable. I'm so happy that I'm going to school here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home