6.06.2006

Benvenuto a Italia.

Yeah, so, life is tricky here... I did go to the camera store and I did find a charger for my camera batteries (score!). However, when I got home, I opened the box to find plugs to the charger, but no charger. Not only that, but none of the plugs were a European plug. Of course, after I get class, I go back to the store, but it was closed. Most stores are closed between 1:00 and 3:00, so you have to come back later. Anyway, I finally have it now, but I still haven't charged my camera. Pictures are coming. Here's one to wet your appetite:



Men here are completely different! It becomes wearisome dealing with the constant cat calling. "Have my babies," and "Mm, love me" are among Eli's and my favorite. All the same, I like talking to people, especially if they like talking to me. Here, though, I have to completely ignore men when they are talking to me. One girl entertained some affection and ended up having to call our tour guide at 3 in the morning saying, "There is a guy here who has locked me in a bar and he won't let me leave." Yeah, not the experience I want to take away. As we speak, there is a guy a two computers down from my trying to talk with me. Bah.

Class today was fine. I have the advantage of French, which makes Italian very, very easy. Yup, gender of nouns and adjectives must agree. The possesive agrees with the gender of the noun. Blah, blah, blah. Apparently, however, there is no phrase "International Studies" so I can say "Io studio [International Studies]."

In Elizabeth's class, they had this list of get-to-know-each-other questions. One of the questions was "Have you ever been in a skyscraper?" She was really confused by the question, but the class is composed of international students, so many of them have never seen skyscrapers. If you are thinking skyscrapers like 80 stories high, that is not the case. Skyscapers are anything above 10 floors. One man was like, "I've never been in one, but I saw one once and I took a picture of it!" Adorable.

Perugia is lovely. Life is so slow, but I love it here. I have a cold right now, but I should be feeling better soon. Maybe by then it will warm up. I've needed a jacket every day I've been here. It's maddening.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight: do the men cat-call all women? Or just the "larger" American women?

I'm wanting to make sure that the take-home message is to lose weight to lose attention. *grin*

Wed Jun 07, 01:25:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesi, have my babies. that is a good one. i'll see what the canadian women think of it and let you know. we can conduct an international experiment. wahoo!!!

Wed Jun 07, 04:24:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger OurayDreamer said...

Kurt...lol...
I am so happy you are having a great time - a bit challenging but what worthwhile activity is not?
Life here is very hot - we'll hit 100 by Saturday so enjoy the cool weather. Dad says hi!

Wed Jun 07, 04:29:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home