6.18.2006

Firenze.

Ah, I'm so happy to be in Florence! Perugia had it's own unique enjoyability, but it was a little dull towards the end there. Same thing every day: Wake up, breakfast, go to class, make plans for the evening, say you weren't going to get drunk that night, eat lunch, go home to "do homework," end up taking a long nap, wake up too late to do homework, go out for dinner with friends, end up getting drunk, go home, go to sleep. Fun for two days. Two weeks is a bit much.

Florence is wonderful. Rome was a little.... seedy. Amazing city, but it was a little scary, grafitti everywhere, and no internet cafes! Here, I feel quite safe. I definitely went out last night and watched the U.S./Italy soccer game in a big crowd of people on this huge screen and had no fear of cheering for my own team or getting robbed.

Our brave and brilliant tour guide is getting a little annoyed with the way of Italy. Yesterday we went to some big church in Siena, and he asked them were tobuy ticekts to this museum. They said, "You can't buy it at the church, you have to buy it at the museum." So, we go over to the museum and they're like, "Uh, you are supposed to buy them at the church, but you can buy them here, but it's a lot more expensive." Apparently the hotel we made reservations at lost our reservation, so he had to get a new hotel for us literally at the last minute. The bus was twice as much a it was last year. Today we saw Michelangelo's David, and the dude running the place decided to make up an arbitrary rule that because we are a big group, it's going to be 3€ extra person. It's definitely illegal, and Kirk fought for us. They ended up agree to space out the entrance of everyone. What can you say? Welcome to Italy.

I woke up this morning to find my face was covered with little red dots. They are zits, they aren't bug bits, the skin isn't raised, it's just little red dots. I'll post pictures later. (I will post all my picture eventually. It may not be until I get back to the U.S., but eventually.)

Oh, defintely saw the remains of someone hit by a vehicletoday on the street. Lots of blood and big fleshy chunks ground into the pavement. Without a doubt, the most gruesome image I've seen with my own eyes.

I need to go buy a dress.

4 Comments:

Blogger OurayDreamer said...

I'm a bit confused... the dots are zits? Or was that a typo? I miss you so much baby girl. But, I know you having an adventure...right now I am watching a live feed from Bonnaroo - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (Nick will be heading home later today). Today, Father's Day, I took your Dad on a drive to Sulphur in the MX-5. He misses both you and your brother but is proud that you guys are livin' life!

Mon Jun 19, 02:26:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the England/Paraguay (Urug?) game in a little pub called "The Fiddler's Elbow". Football is crazy.

There is a street just across from the train station (perpendicular with the station)with a dozen hotels. Pass hotel "Ascott" going away from the station, take the nearest right, and walk for 3 blocks you'll find a nice little wine bar on the corner. It's a great place to sit and meet people. One of the workers is named Mona, tell her Josh sent you, he asks how Simon and Joe are doing...and you might get free drinks. ;)

Duomo has great architecture doesn't it?

Mon Jun 19, 04:40:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pretty much sounds like the most awful thing I've ever heard of in my entire life. Were they actively cleaning up the giblets, or was it more of a "let nature do the cleanup" kind of thing?

If you don't have a Flickr account, getting one to upload your photos to is my biggest suggestion.

Tue Jun 20, 07:31:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

Oops, typo, no, it's not zits. Though, some have suggested it might be bed bugs, which means I would need to burn every piece of clothing I own... I'm going to hope I was just allergic to the detergent (pillows... I had a few dots on my arms, which were the only other places where my skin was uncovered.)

Thu Jun 22, 05:07:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home