6.26.2006

MTV Italia!

Alright, anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not the biggest fan of pop culture. I keep up enough to consider myself a cultured individual, but... I could really care less about who's with whom and crap like that.

However, I'm in Italia. It's hot here and there is absolutely no air conditioning anywhere. There is one except: Our hotel rooms. So, I've been spending endless hours with my two new friends Kristin and Ryan watching MTV Italia. Oh, yes, have you seen the new "Stop, Domentica" video? Hello! Number one video in Italia. It's absolutely amazing.

Actually, straight up, that's a lie. Italian music is not so great. Number 2 is Shakira's (is that how you spell it?) "Hips Don't Lie." American music frequently makes the top of the list. I've seen Madonna, M.J. Blige and Bono, and Hillary Duff.

It's amazing how I went to Italy, and now I am definitely more in tune with American culture. The little Italian culture I am picking up on MTV Italia is Italians pretending to be as cool as Americans. Sorry, y'all, we've got the monopoly on that market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home